last updated September 06, 2007
What Information Does TechVentive, Inc. Collect?
We receive and store any information you enter on our Sites or give us in any other way, such as via telephone, electronic mail or online form. For example, this information may be collected when you request a research report, white paper, buyers guide, newsletter or other intellectual property or when you contact us for client work. Here are the types of information we gather from visitors to our Sites:
- Contact Information: This information includes your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and, where provided, your facsimile number. Such contact information may be used, for example, to communicate with you when necessary with respect to transactions conducted through the Site. Additionally, we may collect contact information provided to us during any correspondence relating to customer support we supply to you, as well as in connection with products and services offered on the Site. Currently, we only capture a minimal amount of information needed to complete transactions.
- Other Information: We collect and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, our servers track the type of Web browser you are using, and the page to which you link from our Sites. We collect this information to better develop a sense of what services our customers need, but not to track your individual usage patterns, except within the Sites. We may use such information for marketing purposes, and to send information to you which we believe might be of interest.
Cookies: Our Sites may use "cookie" technology for such purposes as enhancing your online experience by making it easier for you to navigate through the Site and making certain features work better. Cookies are text files which are commonly deposited by Web sites on a user's hard drive when the user visits a Web site. The file identifies a user's computer and can record the user's preferences and other data about the user's site visit. We do not extract information about individual users during this process. Your Web browser may enable you to disable cookies, but please note that certain services may not function correctly without it.
- Web Beacons. Web pages may contain electronic images (called a "single-pixel GIF" or "web beacon") that allow a Web site to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. Our Sites may use web beacons to access our cookies within and outside our network of Web sites and in connection with TechVentive, Inc. products and services.
Does TechVentive, Inc. Share the Information It Receives?
Currently, TechVentive, Inc. does not share information with any third parties. Should you choose to contact any of our partners, you are subject to their privacy policies.
When users request intellectual property via email or download from our Sites, your information remains with TechVentive, Inc. Some intellectual property requests will be forwarded to web sites from our Sites and your information is subject to the privacy policies of those firms. These transferred requests will be noticeable and obvious.
We will strive to protect your information; however, we may share your information should any of the following situations apply:
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or their assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if TechVentive, Inc., Inc. or all or substantially all of its assets were ever to be acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of TechVentive, Inc. and Others: We may release account and other personal information when we are required to do so by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; to enforce or apply our Services Agreement or other agreements; or when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of TechVentive, Inc., our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
From time to time, TechVentive, Inc. may use your personal information to contact you by electronic mail concerning our products or services. These communications are intended to inform you of important information regarding your business, mutual client relationship or about general services provided by TechVentive, Inc. If you do not want to receive email from us regarding new services, please send an email to email@example.com with the word “unsubscribe” in the body. We will also provide unsubscribe directions on individual communications and these may offer additional methods of being removed from our lists. Lastly, in order to fulfill our service obligations to our clients, we will continue to send you emails regarding your account, as well as any necessary information, such as payment or other instructions.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
Your data is very secure. We do not collect payment information or other deeply personal data online.
You can further help to ensure your security by taking a few simple precautions. We will take reasonable care to protect your limited personal information once it is transferred to us, but it is ultimately your responsibility to prevent the disclosure of your personal information outside of TechVentive, Inc., as well as any disclosure on the TechVentive, Inc. Sites which is due to your error.
What Information Can I Access?
Since TechVentive, Inc. does not store account or other personal data online, there is no information for you to access online. No client data is retained on servers inside or outside the company.
Sites Other Than TechVentive, Inc.
TechVentive, Inc. has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or information gathering practices of other Web sites, including those to which we may link and those which may link to us. We strongly recommend that you review the privacy policies of every online service you use before submitting any personal information and direct any concerns to the site administrator of that site.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
By choosing to visit TechVentive, Inc., you agree that your visit and any dispute you may have regarding the protection of your privacy during such visit is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Disclaimer, including, but not limited to, the provisions regarding limitations on damages and the application of the law of the state of Illinois. Please note that if you enter into other agreements with TechVentive, Inc., such other agreements may supercede this policy. If you have any concerns about your privacy at TechVentive, Inc., please click here to contact Customer Support, and we will attempt to resolve it.